Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Staff Meeting in the Art Room



It's kind of funny being the art teacher on the first day of school...while the Group teachers are busy meeting their kids and doing first day activities, the art room is empty of action. It came alive, however, in the afternoon as the teachers had a chance to paint, previewing a project Lisa, Rebecca and I have created for our Group Skills Days next Wednesday - Friday. Responding to written clues I  prepared from a mystery picture book, we used dark colors to paint "the circle of a sun", "five rectangles in a line", three puddle shapes", and "stars dancing across the page". As our paint dried I read the book, giving context to the details we had just painted. Finally we added color...filling in shapes and backgrounds...chatting, laughing and wondering why staff meeting isn't always held in the art room.

No comments:

Post a Comment